The Gold Is In The Database
Emailing to the house list is good. What’s next?
Somehow, someway, you need access to all the customer and order data stored in your ecommerce shopping cart’s system to be able to slice and dice it.
Think about it. What if you could email specially-written email campaigns to get to those who…
* Haven’t purchased in a while to get them to buy again (reactivate them, in marketing-speak).
* Purchased last month to say Thanks, follow-up with a Satisfaction Survey, provide a discount code for the next purchase, and provide a refer-a-friend code.
* Purchased product XY to let them know the next version, XYZ, is due out soon, and offer them a discount for pre-ordering.
* Are your best customers to reward them with advance notice of specials and new arrivals.
Emailing isn’t just Constant Contact and the like. It’s about what you can do with your database that matters most.
The Strategic Thinking
Aside from exploiting the database, the thinking involved with email marketing is the same as for all advertising efforts – knowing to whom you are writing, the hot buttons, testing subject lines and offers that work best based on experience as well as A/B split tests, etc.
Increasing Purchase Frequency is one of the two fastest and least expensive ways to increase profit. Emailing to the house list is perfect for accomplishing this. So, when you’re ready to take your email marketing to the next level, give DiPietro Marketing Group a call.
DMG eMail Marketing Services
* Database management
* Split testing
* Landing page testing / optimization
* Reporting of what the results / trends mean
* List sourcing
DMG has been involved with email marketing since way back when.
- One of the very 1st to use HTML messages
- One of the very 1st to track email campaigns through to the sale
- Co-wrote one of the industry’s 1st email marketing best practices guideline.